The Beat Sort Template allows you to create new beat store pages for specific genres, or specific beat categories, or specific beat tags.
Examples of Uses:
- Popular Beats: If you have a category or tag labeled “Popular” beats. You can create a new static page with this template and make popular beats your homepage.
- Beats on Sale: If you have a category or tag labeled “On Sale”. You can create a new static page with this template and promote this page on social sites.
- Music Producer: If you have a category or tag labeled as a Music Producer’s name. You can create a page to only show those beats.
- Free Beats: If you have a category or tag labeled “Free Beats” beats. You can create a new page for this.
- If you only want to show specific beats on your home page, put them in a category, and use this template as your homepage.
1. In WordPress click Add New under pages on the sidebar to create a new static page. Select the Beat Sort Template under Page Attributes. Give the page a title. Click the Save Draft button.
Page Refresh – Once you save, the Beat Sort Template Options and text area will now appear in WordPress.
2. Under the Beat Sort Template Options box enter in the Beat Genres. Or Beat Categories. Or Beat Tags.
- Only pick 1 option to sort by. You can NOT mix genres, categories, and tags. Only use 1 input at a time.
- You can enter in multiple words to sort by, by separating them with a comma. Example of Beat Genre: hip hop, pop, club
- The wording must exactly match the wording of your Genres, Beat Categories, or Beat Tags. Incorrect spelling may stop the page from working.
3. If you would like to hide the beat sorting bar on this page, check the option. The “Show Sorting Bar” must be turned on in Customize > Beat Store to show the sorting bar on any of these pages.
4. If you would like to make this page full width check the box.
5. Add text to the top text area to appear above your beat store.
6. Add text to the bottom text area to appear below your beat store. Shortcodes do NOT work in the lower box.
- You can only use one sorting input at a time. You can NOT mix genres, categories, and tags, this will break the audio player.
- Only enter in existing genres, categories, and tags.
- The sidebar for this template is the “Beat Store Sidebar”.