Here are the steps to follow to set up a blog and add blog posts.
How to Create the Blog Page
By default the blog will appear as your homepage. These steps will create another page for your blog.
- Go to Pages > Add New
- Enter a page title.
Example: Blog, News, Articles, Updates
- Click Publish or Update
Set the Blog Settings
- Click Reading under Settings.
- Select A Static page
- Select your homepage next to Front Page.
- Select the blog page you created next to Posts Page.
- Click Save Changes
Add the Blog Page to Your Menu
- Go to Menus
- Click Pages
- In the Pages box select the page you created.
- Click Add to Menu
- Drag the page name into the order you prefer.
- Click Save Menu
How to Add Blog Posts
Here is a general WordPress video on adding blog post.
- Click Add New under Posts.
- Enter a blog title.
- Enter content in the text area.
- Add Categories – A category is a general topic for the post to be classified in. Example: Music, Business, Behind the Scenes, etc.
- Add Tags – Tags link together similar blog or news posts. Add new tags to the post by typing the tag into the box and clicking Add.
- Add a featured image. The image dimensions are 580 x 250 pixels. Larger images will be cropped automatically.
- Add Meta Description. What is a meta description?
- Click Publish.
How to Use the More Tag
How to Embed Videos
General video on embedding YouTube videos.