Here is the getting started guide to using the Music Maker WordPress theme. Please read to help avoid problems.
Setting up your website should be a 20 minute process if you install the demo content next.
Here are the 3 things you need to use the Music Maker WordPress Theme.
1. A Website Host ( Not WordPress.com ) – I suggest Bluehost as a web host. WordPress.com does not allow you to upload themes.
2. A Domain Name directed to your website host.
3. The Music Maker WordPress theme.
Start setting up your website!
Step 1. Install WordPress
Here are the steps to install WordPress on a self hosted server. I will be installing WordPress on DreamHost, but you should be able to do something similar with the web host of your choice. Skip to the next step if you have already installed WordPress.
Step 2. Install the Music Maker Theme
How to install the theme in under 1 minute. You will not see the Beat Store tab in WordPress until you complete step #3.
You want to upload the zip file named MusicMaker.zip. If it’s named anything else, unzip the file and look for the MusicMaker.zip file.
Step by Step Instructions:
1. Locate the MusicMaker.zip file. If the file you downloaded is named anything else, unzip the file and look for the MusicMaker.zip file.
2. In WordPress under Appearance on the sidebar click Themes.
3. On the Themes page click the Add New button at the top of the page.
4. On the Add Themes page click the Upload Theme button.
5. Click the Browse button and search for the MusicMaker.zip file on your computer. Click the Install Now button.
6. Click the Activate link to make the theme live.
7. Next you need to update the WordPress permalinks ( Video Instructions ). Under Settings on the sidebar click Permalinks.
8. On the Permalink Settings Page click the Post Name option and click the Save changes button.
- Missing Style.css Error – This error happens when you upload the wrong file. You need to upload the MusicMaker.zip which is in the main zip file you downloaded. Unzip the main file from Gumroad or Sellfy and the MusicMaker.zip will be in there.
- Upload Limit Error – To upload the MusicMaker.zip file your upload limit will need to be more than 3mb. If your WordPress upload limit is 2mb, you will get a error message when uploading. Please check out How to Increase Your WordPress Upload Limit.
- Beat Store Tab Missing? – You will NOT see the beat store tab in WordPress until you install the Easy Digital Downloads plugin. The plugin when be in the next step above, or skip to how to set up the beat store.
Step 3. Setup the Beat Store
You have 2 options: