I’m very happy to see so many people using the Music Make theme. I have seen some people do some wonderful things that have inspired me. But I have also seen tons of people make some
bad confusing choices on their websites.
It’s kind of like MySpace. MySpace was cool because you could customize the layout of your page. But then people would mess up their pages with things they thought were cool, which would make it hard to read text, hard to find links, they would be spammy, and they would add way to many distractions.
So I want you to ask yourself… What is the overall goal of your website? I don’t need to know the answer, but creating a great user experience is a must.
You need to make it extremely easy for your website visitor to do what you want them to do. So you need to think about how graphics, text, links, widgets, and banners all affect your goal. If they are getting in the way of that goal, you need to get rid of those distractions.
You may have a number of goals, but you need to set priority levels on your goals. What’s more important, getting a new social fan, or making money off selling a beat? What’s more important, having a big banner to a affiliate link, or collecting emails to market to in the future?
You need to eliminate distractions to reach your website goals.
10+ Questions to Ask Yourself Before Launching Your Website
- Is your website easy to use / navigate? ( Get a second opinion )
- Do all your homepage banners display / link properly? Does the messaging meet with your goals?
- Is your logo the right size in the header and does it look right next to the social icons? Is your logo to big and pushing your site down?
- Do you have to many links in the navigation menu?
- Is the text on your website spammy? Meaning is it all talk about BUY, BUY, BUY!
- Does your website look glitchy because of bad code and plugin add-ons?
- Do you have a distracting website background image that distracts visitors from your content and from buying beats?
- When visiting your site, does it look like your site is run by a real person, or is it just a faceless website?
- Do you have nice looking images, or are your images blurred / stretched? ( Check out 28 Music Related Stock Photos to Help Your Website Look More Professional)
- Does your homepage banners link to external sites? If so, is it your goal to send people away from your site as soon as they land on your site?
- Does the content on your website sound professional?
- Are your beat names easy to remember?
- Have you researched your competitors websites to see what they are going great?
- Do you have professional looking branding? ( Checkout 50 Creative Logo Templates to Look Professional )
Share your thoughts below.